Friday, October 19, 2012

Something to think about. . .

Just some points from the President of CYA 

I had pleasure of running into President Phylactopoulos this afternoon while in the library. 

He let me know he's read my blog and finds it refreshing.

He also had a few points he wanted to comment on.

I thought that I would put them here so those of you reading can think about them for yourself.
It is sometimes important to remember that the way I am seeing things is as an outsider.
President Phylactopoulos was able to bring some things to light and as I would like this blog to be as informative and well rounded as possible, feedback like this is important.

His first point was about my comments on the Air Raid Siren drill the same day as Merkel's visit to Greece.
If you recall, I said that it was very curious that the sirens should be sounded on the same day, for various reasons. Let me be clear in saying that I am not the only one who thought this. And it wasn't really an opinion that I held very seriously. I just thought it was ironic and worth mentioning.

President Phylactopoulos reminded me, as the email we'd received stated, that the drill had nothing to do with Merkel, and that it would have had to have been scheduled months in advance. Although, its cancellation was probably to do with Her. 

His next  point was about my use of the terms "Troops" and "Army men." They are not in fact either. They're police and armed guards. The Parliament building is literally right next to Syntagma Square so it makes sense that there would be extra security there. Syntagma is also the only place you ever see a ton of them in one spot. 

So there you have it :)


No comments: